Book Title: Geography: Realms, Regions and Concepts, 15th Edition
Author: Harm J. de Blij
The 15th Edition of H.J. deBlij and Peter Muller's Geography: Realms, Regions, and Concepts
has been expanded and enhanced upon previous editions. This carefully crafted text by one of the most traveled, knowledgeable and authoritative geography authors, H.J. deBlij provides a comprehensive understanding about the world with a long history of on authoritative content, outstanding cartography, currency, and comprehensive coverage, in a technology-rich package. A new online World Regional Geography program is one of many new strong and effective technologies included.
- New Organization! Chapters are now divided into A/B sections. Within each chapter, Part A, Defining the Realm, examines developments that unfold across the entire realm or major parts of it. In Part B, Regions of the Realm, the authors explore the regions within the realms to view developments at a finer resolution and examine the role of individual states and national cultures.
- New and updated content incorporated into the narrative of every chapter. Chapters 8A and 8B (South Asia), for example, now discusses recent developments in the cultural and religious conflict between Pakistan and India, as well as a more detailed discussion of economic growth and effects of globalization in South Asia.
- New “Voice From the Region” feature, in every chapter. Each essay showcases the local perspective of an individual who resides in the realm.
- Many new photographs and field notes, taken by co-author Jan Nijman while doing fieldwork.
- New BBC videos, which can be used as lecture-launchers in class